Jumping the gun? 26 y.o. 5'9" 205. (photos)

I just made my very first consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon to talk about body contouring. I lost approximately 115lbs, but I guess I'm starting to get nervous that I'm jumping the gun and that I need to lose quite a bit more weight before I even consider having any procedure done. Am I putting the horse before the cart, or is my self conscious getting the best of me?

Too early for body contouring?

Thank you for asking about your body contouring after massive weight loss.

• Congratulations on your weight los.
  • Your BMI now is 30 - and you can definitely have surgery
  • But are you at your goal weight? Do you plan to lose more?
  • If so, get to your goal and be sure you can stay there.
  • Then have surgery.
  • If you have surgery and lose more weight, skin will loosen and you will need more surgery for your best result.
  • So you decide - are you at your final weight? Or do you intend to lose more? It's all up to you!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Too early for body contouring?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

• Congratulations on your weight los.
  • Then have surgery.

Weight & Cosmetic Surgery

If you are planning on losing more weight (amazing achievement so far!) then yes, lose the weight first and once you are at a maintainable goal weight then schedule your appointment. Otherwise, if you gain or lose more weight after your surgery, it can adversely affect your outcome.

Weight & Cosmetic Surgery

Weight loss before surgery

First of all, congratulations on losing 115 pounds. That is admirable progress !

As far as when to begin body Scultping surgeries ..

If you feel that you need and want to loose more weight , and know you can and want to do it ,then  you should try to get closer to your goal before you proceed with surgeries. If you are comfortable with your current weight , then you can begin surgeries now.

Also, note that if you do surgery now, and then  loose further weight , you have the option of doing further surgeries at that point to enhance your result.

Weight loss before surgery

Jumping the gun? 26 y.o. 5'9" 205.

If you want to lose more weight, you should lose it before having surgery.  If you are comfortable at your current weight, you may proceed.

Jumping the gun? 26 y.o. 5'9" 205.

Body contouring

Congratulations on your weight loss.  That is the hardest part.  Any weight you lose on your own is always better than anything we can do at surgery.  Having said that, you have already lost 115 pounds on your own.  If you have reached a plateau and are not losing any more weight it is probably fine to proceed with surgery.  Most areas of contouring including abdomen/trunk, thighs, and arms would undergo additional fat removal in addition to skin removal.  A discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon should include prioritizing which areas are the ones you want addressed first.  Each person is different in terms of their priorities for breast, abdomen, thighs etc.  

Body contouring

Weight loss and surgery

If you are actively losing weight, then you are best to complete your weight loss first before considering any surgery. Congratulations on you weight loss. I have treated many weight loss patients in the past, and have done various procedures to improve the contour of the breasts, arms, thighs, and abdominal and buttock regions. Good luck!

Weight loss and surgery

Mommy makeover

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get mommy makeover, this procedure consists on making a back, waist and flanks liposuction, with BBL, tummy tuck and breast lift or breast augmentation, giving you awesome results!

Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. For us your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Mommy makeover

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Jumping the gun?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your impressive weight loss.  Though by BMI standards you are at an appropriate weight for body contouring, the best decision is to first reach your goal weight before any surgical intervention.  This weight should be one that you are comfortable at and can maintain, as fluctuations will impact your goal results.  Any weight loss before surgery will not only maximize your cosmetic outcome but will minimize your risks. Hope this helps.

Jumping the gun?

Jumping the gun? 26 y.o. 5'9" 205.

Based on your pictures, it may be OK to have procedures. Consider if you will still drop more weight. 10 to 15 lbs may not matter. 

Jumping the gun? 26 y.o. 5'9" 205.

Body contouring after weight loss

The best advice is to wait 6-12 months after your weight loss has stabilized before you do any surgery for body contouring.  It's OK to have consultations ahead of time.  Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon and consider the pros and the cons. Be certain your surgeon is properly certified.  I've attached a link where you can start your search. 

Body contouring after weight loss