I am 2 weeks post right breast reduction. I have a small hole under the breast at the juncture of T.

Wouldn't steri strips help hold the area together while it heals? (sure would give me peace of mind) My doc whom I do trust is not recommending antibiotic ointment at this time. I'm scared of infection even though I am cleaning each day in shower with dial soap and water and new dressings. How can i prevent any further open wounds at incision site. I worry that any pressure on the wound site (ie) bra, compression bandage, may irritate, potentially create add'l problems or delay healing. Than you

Wound Healing at Junction of T After Breast Reduction Surgery

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to undergo #breast reduction surgery. The area that you are describing  is a typical location of delayed #wound healing. The steps that you are taking are a good course of action. It is very important for follow ALL of your post-opinion instructions to insure proper wound healing and optimal results. 
If the area so kept clean and dry with regular dressing changes, things should progress nicely. However, the things you should be concerned with are: sudden increase in swelling and pain, increased redness around the #incision, an oral temperature greater than 100.4 and drainage that is think yellow or green in color or if it is foul smelling. If any of these occur, you need to contact your surgeon immediately. If none of this apply to your current situation and you still have concerns, please make sure keep your appointments with the surgeon that performed you breast reduction surgery. Congratulations and best wishes!

Open Area Under Breast

Dear beachlady8014, 
The area you are describing is a common issue with wound healing after a breast reduction. Depending on the size of the open area it may heal on its own. Be sure to clean it daily and dry it well, and apply a gauze to collect any drainage and protect your bra/clothes. You should be checking in with your operating surgeon and updating them if the area worsens. Good luck!

Delayed Healing Concerns

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, delayed healing at the T part of a wise pattern reduction is a very common sequelae of the procedure.   It occurs because of the tension required to lift and shape the breast and compromised blood supply of the skin edges.  Fortunately, it typically heals very well with minimal if any additional scarring and a low risk of infection.  Some surgeons do not advocate using antibiotic ointment because with prolonged use it can lead to allergic reactions and yeast infections.  Cleaning and dressing the wound twice a day is the most important treatment.   A high protein diet with 80-100 grams of protein a day will also aid wound healing. VItamin C and Zinc supplementatio may also be helpful.  If you are still very concerned about infection, you may want to discuss other wound care options with your surgeon such as silver dressings or gels,  iodine impregnated hyrocolloid gels like Iodosorb.  These are typically used to treat contaminated wounds while providing a moist wound healing environment.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Wound issue at "T"

I think that it is best for your to review the care with your doctor. He is the one that knows exactly what is going on and how things are healing. Each doctor may have his own preferred way to treat this type of wound. Best of luck.