I am getting a breast augmentation at the beginning of the new year, would 350cc-375cc look unnatural? (photos)

I am 26, 5'2'', 115lbs, skinny, was wondering if a 350-375cc silicone high profile would look unnatural on me? Also a 32A cup currently. I have gone to a couple of consults and do not feel like that would but was looking for recommendations and some additional insight. Thank you!

Breast size planning?

Thank you so much for this question. Good communication with your plastic surgeon is the way to achieve the results you want. Having said that, the sizes mentioned seem appropriate for your frame and since there are different profiles and styles of breast implant finding one that looks natural on you is achievable! Best, Dr. ALDO

Would 350cc-375cc look unnatural?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Your final outcome will depend on the relationship of the size of the implant to you breast and chest wall. This of course, varies from patient to patient. I would certainly recommend that you try on sizers. In addition, the use of computer animation with 3D technology may also be helpful as seen on the video link below. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Breast Implants

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. The best way for you to determine the right implant type and volume will be by trying on a variety of implant sizers at your plastic surgeon’s office. Wear a non-padded bra and thin t-shirt to get a good idea of how each implant will look on your body type. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers the opportunity for you to experiment with implant sizers until you are comfortable you have found the best volume for your personal aesthetic goals.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Breast augmentation

It seems like you have done your homework. Most women choose an inplant in the size range that you have chosen and are happy with their results. Good luck

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

I am getting a breast augmentation at the beginning of the new year, would 350cc-375cc look unnatural?

350 cc is an average size implant for most patients, but measurements and an exam are always helpful in this determination.

Implant selection

You can try a baggy test to see if that volume would feel right for you. I would have to examine you in person to determine what might be appropriate.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implant size

Without a physical exam it's hard to tell exactly how you would look. But if you are an a cup and are considering high profile implants you will definitely have a round appearance to the breast. It depends on what you consider natural. Sometimes trying on sizers in the office will help you get an idea what would work best

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

It would be good to know more information and your breast dimensions, but based on the info provided, 325 or more cc will look big and more than 375 will look over done - but that is just an opinion. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS