I had a baby a year ago. I had to have a c-section. I want to fix my stomach (Photo)

I want a flatter stomach and it not to hang the way it does I want to feel confident I want to know my options and opinions on what I can do lipo? Tummy tuck just a mini tummy tuck? With the tummy tuck I'm nervous about the huge scar? Also with a tummy tuck if I did happen to get pregnant again is that ok?

I had a baby a year ago. I had to have a c-section. I want to fix my stomach

Thank you for your question. Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi Rubynelson

You would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Thought I think it would be a good idea to wait until you have finished having your family, as you would probably end up undoing the whole thing.

Tummy Tuck Surgery usually requires carefully positioned incisions to allow the removal of excess skin and fat deposits, in order to minimise scarring and provide you with as tight and flat a stomach as possible. The scar is discretely placed as low as possible below your hip line, and there will also be a fine scar around the rim of the belly button. Although the scar is visible within the first few weeks, it fades quickly so that it’s hardly visible.
Tummy tuck surgery can also be part of a weight loss and body contouring surgery as well as a Mummy makeover where the breasts are also augmented, uplifted or both, to achieve a more youthful appearance.

Good Luck and make sure you find a certified and experienced PS

Full tummy tuck and liposuction

Based on your photos, you need a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and probably some liposuction.  I would recommend getting down to your maintainable goal weight first.  Once your weight is stable, consider a tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck will flatten your entire abdomen ribs to waist ( a mini tummy tuck only addresses the lower abdomen under the belly button) and repair your abdominal muscles that were separated during pregnancy.  Liposuction alone will likely leave you with sagging skin and a protruding abdomen.  When you are ready, look for a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

You will require a tummy tuck. I suggest losing as much weight as you can stay at long term and then get the surgery. Liposuction alone will leave you with loose skin and no muscle tightening

Julio Garcia, MD

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but it looks like you would probably benefit from a full tummy tuck. Getting pregnant a year or more later shouldn't be an issue but it may undo the results and require a revision at a later time. Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to discuss your options. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Tummy tuck after pregnancy and C-section

• Congratulations on having had a new baby.
Your desire to regain your youthful tummy contours is quite understandable.

Your options include non-surgical and surgical procedures.
Initial efforts can be directed at non-surgical techniques such as abdominal muscle exercises and weight control..

When there is loose skin, as demonstrated in your photo's, then surgery will be more effective in improving your contours

The decision between a "mini-tummy tuck" and a "full tummy tuck" depends on how stretched your abdominal muscles are. This can easily be determined by standing in front of a bathroom mirror. Look at your profile and relax your tummy muscles. Your tummy will bulge out. Now tighten your tummy muscles and if there is a big improvement in the contour of your abdomen, a muscle tightening, "full tummy tuck" is the procedure of choice for you..

Hope this will be of some help to you when making your decision about further treatment.

Wishing you success.

Bryan J. Michelow, MD, FACS
Beachwood, Oh

Bryan Michelow, MD, FACS
Beachwood Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

It is difficult to say without a full assessment.

A mini tummy tuck or partial abdominoplasty is best suited for those who cannot reduce the bulging beneath their navels or who have stretched, lax skin. Stubborn bulging in the lower abdomen is usually the result of weakened and stretched muscles from fluctuating weight, pregnancy and aging.

The ideal candidate is a male or female who has a slim midsection and only desires to change the shape of their tummy by reducing a limited amount of bulging or saggy skin. Understanding the patient’s goals is very important to achieving a customized procedure.

Abdominal wall deformities consist of three components:

1) The presence of wrinkly or loose skin with stretch marks. Most patients suffer from these issues as they age, following pregnancy or after rapid weight loss.

2) Excess fatty tissue. This accumulated tissue is usually most prominent in the lower abdomen and the “love handles”.

3) Rectus muscle diastasis. This condition results from the separation of the anterior abdominal muscles. Patients affected by rectus muscle diastasis cannot improve the condition with exercise because once the abdominal muscles have relaxed and separated, the stomach will continue to noticeably bulge.

A full tummy tuck works to address all three components, treating conditions related to the skin, fat and stomach muscles. The procedure repairs weakened abdominal muscles while also removing excessive skin/fat through tightening, surgical removal and, often, liposuction. Patients frequently lose a number of inches from their waist size as well.

You may want to consider a full tummy tuck. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Fixing the Stomach

Thank you very much for your question.

A mini tummy tuck is a great procedure for women with minimal excess skin.  Once you mention (and show pictures of) "hanging", then a full tummy tuck is a far better option.  Yes, she scar will run from hip to hip, but the amount of stomach tightening and skin removal makes the scar worth it to many women.

If you get pregnant after your tummy tuck, you may have your muscles and skin stretched out again.  If you are planning a pregnancy in the near future, I would recommend waiting to have your tummy tuck after you are done childbearing so you only need to do it once.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. I would recommend delaying any type of tummy tuck surgery until after you have completed your family as a pregnancy would likely affect your results.  Hope that this helps.

Tummy tuck

Based on your photos, I think you will achieve the best result with a full abdominoplasty.  This is typically the procedure many women will require after pregnancy.  It will allow removal of the excess skin, and tightening of the muscles beneath the skin.  It can truly reshape your abdomen.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon