Will a filler help body to fill tear trough naturally over time? (photo)

I had lower bleph done last year and it was unsuccessful. I do not want to go under the knife again, so I consulted with the doctor for a derma filler. He told me that the procedure wouldn't need to be redone for a few years and after that results could be permanent. Is this possible? Also are there any surgeons who specialize in this type of procedure in Ohio. I do not want to go with just anyone, and I want the best results possible.

Long term effects of hyaluronic acid fillers

Currently restylane is the only filler I would suggest for the tear trough.  Juvederm has a risk of prolonged and significant swelling.  Belotero does not hold up as well.  Volbella is brand new this month, and may be an option, but it's supposed to be so soft that it may not have enough "structure" for a deep fold. (We found that out with belotero a few years ago, but only after using a few months first).  

With that said, HA fillers are often described to have a duration based on the original FDA approved site, ie restylane in the nasolabial folds is up to 9 mos.  However in the tear trough its more like a year, and at least one study found evidence of HA persistence out to two years.  Another study with restylane found that a series of injections done either 4 or 9 mos apart induced collagen formation from your own body that persisted to the end of the study at 2 years. So I routinely expect (and clinically see) that repeated injections of HA's will cause your body to create permanent collagen replacement.  But unlike what you heard from your doc, the studies showed that it needed more than one injection.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear Troughs

Judging by your picture, it looks like you would be an excellent candidate for a filler like belotero or volbella.