How bad is my man boobs? Is there any local doctor that can help with reduction and lipo? (photos)

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

How bad is my man boobs? Is there any local doctor that can help with reduction and lipo?

Thanks for the question. You are wise in being careful with your selection of plastic surgeon; this will be the most important decision you make.

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Man boobs are moderate in severity

Your man boobs can easily be corrected with direct excision of glandular tissue and liposuction. Please choose a PS that has lots of examples to show you.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi reg45man,
Thanks for the post and photo. It appears you have mild to moderate gynecomastia based on the photo. You should seek out board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in this procedure to determine the best treatment. You should have a very nice result.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Types of Gynecomastia & Treatment

There are several common factors which contribute to gynecomastia. These include excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in boy between the ages of 12 to 15 years old and older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. This type of Gynecomastia takes about one to two years to regress on its own.
Pure Glandular Gynecomastia is seen more commonly in body builders and is caused by steroid use. Surgical removal of the gland is required for treatment.
Adult Gynecomastia – Fat deposits are apparent in the glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia is the most common. Doctors may recommend surgery for treatment of the condition.
Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18.
Assymetric or Unilateral Gynecomastia appears in either one or both breasts at different degrees. In many cases one breast appears larger than the other. Surgery is a common treatment for this type of gynecomastia.
Pseudo-Gynecomastia is composed of adipose tissue instead of glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia can be treated with diet, liposuction or surgery
Severe Gynecomastia commonly affects those who have lost skin elasticity at an older age and those who have been obese or overweight at one point in their life and lost weight may have saggy skin and breasts that are severely enlarged. Surgery is the recommended treatment for severe gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual.

Plastic surgery is a personal choice. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

All the best.

It appears from your pictures that you have true gynecomastia. If so, this represents glandular tissue and probably will change very little with exercise or weight changes. It is not usually a serious medical condition, but if you are concerned about the appearance I would recommend that you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  A good resource is the American Society of Plastic Surgery website, which will allow you to search for certified surgeons in your area.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Thank you for the photo and the question and you appear to be an excellent candidate for the desired procedure and should get an excellent result.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Looks like you are based on Cleveland, Ohio. The major hospital systems all have excellent plastic surgery departments with qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon