Just got BA done, but seems too small. Any suggestions?

I'm 5'2" 103lbs with pretty flat chest. Had surgery this morning Had 330cc in with Allegan, But it seems too small...:( Wanted to have small c but it seems like an A cup. Is it because of swelling on my chest, side and stomach?? Is it really possible to get and A size cup after putting 330cc in?? Or after time passes and all the swellings are gone and upper fullness comeso down little, would I get better size?

Give your implants a couple months to settle in into their new shape. A 330cc implant should not be too small for your frame. I know it is hard, but you have to just be patient and wait for mother nature at this time. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Implants to small

It will take 6 months for your tissue to stretch and you implants to settle. The tissue is tight now and needs to relax to allow the implants to project .

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Seems too small

It is not uncommon to have the feeling, especially very early postoperatively, I've even seen it in the recovery room, that the size of the breast, wether too big or too small, is not what one expected. With time, the tissues will stretch, the implant will settle, and the size will become more apparent. I would wait at least six months before any consideration of a change in size. Follow-up with your chosen plastics surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Patience...

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. 

In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Size

You are very early in your healing phase and need time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax and the implants settle. Once you have healed, you may love your new look. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon