What is need to be approved for breast reduction? Will I qualify? (Photo)

I am a true to size 34 J I would like to be a 34 C. I had a child thats 14 months. I'm 24 years old 5' 6" and 198lbs. I hit puberty late, at that time I went from an A cup to a D cup in a matter of months. I excercise regularly, but the do not get smaller. I have UHC insurance though my job. I have found a doctor and I have a first time appointment with this primary care doctor next week. Is it possible for the to write a letter for me to get a breast reduction?

Will I qualify?

During your consultation, your surgeon should take a medical history and ask for details of any previous breast surgery you may have had. He should examine you and show you what your after surgery effect may be, by defining the area of breast to be removed and the new position of the nipple.

London Plastic Surgeon

Insurance unpredicatble

The decision is made more on the height weight and amount of breast tissue the plastic surgeon says he is going to remove, each insurance plan has its own rules.

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and picture.  unless your plan requires seeing a primary care MD first, go ahead and seek a consultation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will need to obtain authorization for your reduction.  One he or she examine you, the PS will be able to give you a better idea if you will likely qualify for a breast reduction covered by your insurance.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Insurance Approval for Breast Reduction

Any information that you will be able to supply in the form of letters, office notes, etc will be helpful.  Ultimately, you must meet your insurance policies' requirements for breast reduction.  Best wishes. 

Breast reduction

You need to contact your insurance company first to see what their criteria are for approving a reduction procedure.  Then go for a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
My recommendation for you is to send your photos to give you the advice you want and need.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Insurance Covering Breast Reduction

You would have to ask your primary care doctor if they would write a letter for you. At Atlanta APC Plastic Surgery, we request our patient's get a letter from either their primary care doctor or their OB/GYN so we can send it to their insurance company.