5 months post-op and feeling a little disappointed. (Photo)

I had a full TT muscle repair. 4-22-16. The surgeon was actually surprised of how good I was doing and moving around (I drank 2 packs for 3 weeks) I had no complications. My concern is that now exactly 19 weeks out my stomach has been hurting more the past 1-2 weeks and it seems to be a bit bigger now. I have lost 10-12 pounds. I have not been exrecising just watching my food intake. I thought my stomach would have been flatter by now. Is this my end result or am I being impatient?

Results of full TT muscle repair

Hello there,
Thank you for your question. Your results are fantastic and they will keep improving with time. Just be patient and keep eating healthy. Working out, specifically abdominal exercises, will also improve your results drastically. Your weight will fluctuate no matter what so don't worry about that. As far as the pain goes, just keep an eye on it and see your doctor if it persists continually over an extended period of time. However, pain will come and go and it is normal to feel some discomfort 6 months post-operatively. Keep doing what you're doing and don't be too disappointed! I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Aesthetic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Plastic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
              American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
              International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
              American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
              American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
              American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
              The Rhinoplasty Society Phone: 412-446-0391 Fax: 412-446-0391

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

TT expectations

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frustrated. I think you've had an amazing result. You should be proud of your appearance. I bet now you can get back into your heavy exercise routine. If you keep that up along w/ your diet, you will continue to improve. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon