Would like smooth tummy tuck or a panniculectomy with full tummy, flanks & back liposuction. I weigh 170, 5 ft 6 (Photos)

I have had 2 C-sections that have created a wall between my lower tummy and upper pubic area and this fat does not respond to my workouts. My abs are strong and I will probably weigh in at around 160 by the time I am ready to have surgery. Is it possible to have this procedure and have a flat tummy without muscle repair?

Dr. Derby sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You seem to be a great candidate for a full TT combined with a lipo for better results. I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is possible in some patients even if they have had 2 pregnancies to have decent abdominal muscle anatomy and tone and not need to have muscle work with the TT.  Sometimes we can determine this at the time of the consultation, but sometimes we won't know until we are in surgery. If the muscles need repair, I certainly suggest you do this otherwise you may not be happy with the results of your surgery.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with or without muscle tightening

It is difficult to answer your question about the benefits of muscle tightening during a tummy tuck without seeing you in person.  One way you can better judge is to determine the amount of variation when your tummy is fully relaxed (let it all hang out) and when you tighten the muscles.  If there is a big difference, you will likely want to have your muscles repaired to keep it tighter.  If there isn't much difference, you may not notice it as much.

Aggressive liposuction of the tummy at the same time as a tummy tuck is not usually a good idea.  This may compromise the skin's ability to heal the incision and cause greater issues.  Understanding the best approach is worth an in-person consultation.

Repairing the muscles is never mandatory, but it can significantly enhance your ultimate result.  It is best to seek a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to  get an evaluation.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Tummy-tuck and Liposuction Provide long Term Results.

Hello and thank-you for your question and photos.

You look like you would have an excellent result with a tummy tuck and liposuction.  I would recommend an in-person consultation with a board-Certified Plastic Surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery well versed in all aspects of body contouring in your area to review your options.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck

You look like a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Best to be seen in person o determine what is best for you.

Full tummy tuck or panniculectomy?

You are certainly eligible to have either procedures, but I strongly would recommend that a full tummy tuck wth limited liposuctioning to the flanks and/or back would look very good.  You are limited to having around 1000cc. Of fat removal performed at the same time as a tummy tuck if you perform them as an outpatient, which is how I most frequently perform the procedure.  You are available to go home at the completion of the procedure.  After 2 C-sections I would advise you to have the abdominal muscles made tight and supportive for the abdomen.  This would give you a very supportive core abdominal firmness, helping your back as well as posture.  Choose a very qualified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what your options might be.  You might be happily surprised at how you might be after the surgery.  Patients usually do well after this.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Contour goals after a tummy tuck

Thank you for your photos and information about your height and current and planned weight at the time of surgery. While it appears that your will still be somewhat about your ideal weight based on height vs. weight charts, you may expect improvement.  There are 2 things to remember.  One of the areas that the body stores extra fat is beneath the muscle wall of the abdomen.  This area can only be diminished by dieting since our surgery does not go there. The second thing is that pregnancy stretches the abdominal wall muscle and its connective tissue layers. Those are usually tightened at the time of a full abdominoplasty.  

It appears that with a full abdominoplasty that a tighter abdomen without the hanging panniculus may be achieved.  As you look at pre-op and post-op images of the surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, pay attention to patients with similar body types and their height & weight to learn what you might be accomplished after surgery.

Good luck

John M. Weeter, MD

You will need an abdominoplasty and liposuction of flanks and abdomen

You will benefit from a tummy tuck and liposuction.  Decision about muscle work is done at time of surgery. All patients do not require muscle repair.

Vasdev Rai, MD