I have badly decayed back tooth.

The dentist said my xrays showed that my back tooth was badly decayed he stated that it could not be saved, I don't want to lose my tooth, I wanted to have a 2nd opinion before I make the decision of having it extracted. Do I have other options of saving my tooth?

Decayed Tooth

If your teeth is badly decayed then it will be better to extract the teeth because it further effect rest of the teeth.

San Diego Dentist

Saving Your Tooth

Without seeing an x-ray, it's hard to give you a great answer but you can always get a 2nd opinion from another dentist. A periodontist ( gum specialist) would be a good person to see for a 2nd opinion. The primary factor in the decision making is how much decay is in the tooth and how far down the tooth it goes.