How Can the Cleft in my Chin Be Removed?

I feel as though my chin appears too masculine and I want something done to achieve a more feminine and youthful appearance. After four consultations, two plastic surgeons recommended bone reduction, one suggested using a small chin implant (I have no idea why), and the fourth surgeon said it was a muscle separation and that she could reconnect the tissues. Would I need a chin reduction and/or soft tissue surgery?

Doctor Answers 1

You may consider posting a profile photo to get advice about chin reduction surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I read your concerns and reviewed the photos you posted. Your profile is missing, and that's the view that will show the most change after a chin reduction procedure. In my view, your chin does not appear masculine on your front view. You have a prominent "pre-jowl sulcus" (indentation) on both sides of your chin. If this is bothering you, you may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler procedure to smooth the transition between your chin and jowl, and straighten your jawline.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ:

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.