Can vitamin d be taken before eyelid surgery?

Vitamin D is okay.

There is no contraindication to taking Vitamin D prior to surgery but it is always wise to discuss medication and supplements usage with your surgeon prior to your operation. Most of the medications they want you to stop relate to their effect on the clotting pathways. Holding these medications can decrease your risk of bleeding during the procedure and bruising postoperatively.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

In my practice I see no reason not to take it. But best to ask your chosen operat8ve surgeon. Regards 

Vitamin D

Yes vitamin D can be taken; it does not thin your blood. Vitamin E should be avoided. Also best to avoid aspirin, aleve, ibuprofen, and fish oils if possible.  Good luck on your surgery!

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon