Can swelling from radiesse last over a month?

I got .5 cc of radiesse in my chin about 4 weeks ago. It looked great immediately after injection. But One day after initial I had severe swelling, my chin tripled, almost quadrupled its size. Over the course of 4 weeks it's been going down very slowly but surely. However at 4 weeks it is still not back to how it was immediately after injection, my chin is still bigger than the initial result. Can radiesse swelling last over a month? How long can it last until you can see the real result again?

Radieesse - normal to swell severely for a month?

Thank you for asking about your Radiesse.
  • This is  not the usual response to Radiesse.
  • It almost sounds as though you had an infection.
  • Pleare report this to the doctor who treated you-
  • And if you were not treated by a plastic surgeon, I suggest you see one next time.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Radiesse and Results / Swelling

Radiesse can cause swelling which will resolve on its own in 2-4 weeks. I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse and Swelling

Radiesse does not typically swell much at all if any due to its makeup. I would follow up with your injector to access what side effects that you are still experiencing this late.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Can swelling from Radiesse last over a month?

Radiesse should not swell in the manner you described. Infection is a possibility but that typically would not develop 24 hours after the injection. You could have also developed a hematoma (deep bruise) but often that is visible immediately after the injection. Followup with your injector to discuss. It is very unlikely to be the product itself but on the positive side it sounds like your swelling is improving regardless of the cause. I hope this information is helpful for you.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can swelling from @Radiesse_Filler last over a month?

Swelling can certainly be normal after any filler/injection and in fortunately rare cases I have seen some patients with prolonged swelling from some of the thicker filler injections. Have you been back to follow up with your injector? If you still have significant swelling after 1-2 weeks, I would suggest scheduling a follow up visit with him/her. There are a few other uncommon possibilities such as a hematoma (deep bruise from bleeding), allergic reaction, infection, etc that should be ruled out by your provider.

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon