I am interested in a Breast Augmentation with implants and Liposuction. Cali, Columbia

Thank you

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation and liposuction

Undergoing a breast augmentation with implants and liposuction at the same time is a very common combination procedure at my practice. Both procedures can be safely performed together during 1 surgery. My patients who have undergone both procedures at the same time are incredibly happy with their results, as they wake up with the larger breasts they have always wanted and a smaller and more contoured waistline. Your next step should be to consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn more about the procedures. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

I am interested in a Breast Augmentation with implants and Liposuction.

Greetings

Thank you for your question 

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Interested in surgery

Thank you for your question.  I suggest you search for several board certified plastic surgeons in your area with excellent reputations and very experienced in breast augmentation and liposuction.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation Consultation

I recommend that you contact local board certified Plastic Surgeons whose results appeal to you. At your consultation you can expect to be examined, discuss your aesthetic goals and be provided with surgical options. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers with a form fitting T-shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look.

All the best

Thank you for your question. I recommend you find board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go for evaluation. Best of luck

BBA Lipo

Hi and thanks for the question. I recommend finding a PS certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in the US and preferably close to your home. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation & liposuction

I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your breast augmentation and liposuction that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in body contouring. You may also want to look on the ASPS website as this lists board certified plastic surgeons in your area. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from these surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Considering cosmetic surgery

Thank you for your question.  Deciding to move forward with cosmetic surgery is a personal process and tends to be a unique decision for everyone.  Cosmetic surgery can enhance your self-confidence and body image.  Make sure you begin this journey with a  well-qualified, experienced plastic surgeon who can create a safe and comfortable environment while providing you with a foundation for realistic expectations regarding what will happen before and after your surgery including potential risks and complications.  Look for a surgeon who consistently expands their education and improves their skills or one who has trained with the appropriate experts in their field.  Make sure your plastic surgeon has hospital privileges indicating they are in good standing with the requirements to conduct safe surgery.  Professional organizations and society's often have strict criteria for accepting physicians as well trained, ethical, and in many countries board certified.  The International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is an excellent place to begin your search.  Good luck! 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon