How much would it cost for tummy tuck and liposuction? (Photo)

I have lost 100 pounds tru zumba and working out at the gym eating heathy foods i still cant an probably never will get rid of the ugly nasty skin and after reaching 280 at my highest I'm a mother of 4 children I'm at 178 ,5,1 I'm looking for a doctor how can help me fix my ugly looking stomach in California and tell me what I need done and cost thanks

Tummy tuck

Tummy tuck cost can vary according to the length of the incision and the excess skin to be removed.
Most of our patients are from California and the all inclusive package we offer for a tummy tuck starts at $4995.00 and includes lipo of the flanks.

Tuumy Tuck/Liposuction cost

Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery. Prices for liposuction in our facility vary depending on the amount of tissue planned to be removed, and the expected time that will be spent in the operative room. You may call us for a general range if you know what areas you think will require liposuction. A final written cost estimate will be presented to you at your free consultation.

Although the fees cover the costs of several components, we will provide you a comprehensive fee noting which items are excluded:

• Surgeon’s professional fee
  • Facility fee
  • Anesthesia fee
  • Medications
  • Surgical garments
  • Medical tests

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Costs will vary widely

from surgeon to surgeon... so I suggest you call around for costs.

If you drove up I-5, we could provide you a complimentary consultation and let you know exactly what your costs would be.  When you have liposuction of your flanks (to improve the waistline) I also include your back rolls that are quite appreciable.  Your tummy tuck would be done with a lipoabdominoplasty.  You would need to stay in Redding overnight if you had this done, and return in 1, 2 and possibly 3 weeks for follow-up, sutures, drains, etc.

You should be at your weight that you can easily maintain before having any surgery.

If you're interested in checking your options in Redding, please contact my office at (530) 215-1118 to schedle your complimentary consultation.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy Tuck Cost?

The cost of a #tummytuck, #abdominoplasty, will vary based on many factors. There is the variable fee that comes directly from your surgeon for the procedure. You also need to remember that the fees for the facility, anesthesia, and any possible extra medical facility costs or potential overnight stay could add a great deal that you were not expecting going into the operating room. Always make sure that you are speaking to board-certified surgeons when getting quotes, and make sure that you get all of the details of what is including in the actual quote being provided. That will help you prepare for how much is already included from the doctor and aware of what may add to the bill when not already included in the surgeon’s quote.

Tummy tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck /Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy tuck without liposuction

Abdominoplasty treats the skin excess and muscle weakness of the abdomen, as well as any fat that is between the belly button and the pubic hairline. Liposuction treats only fat. It can be used to thin out the abdomen, but the skin must be in good condition with no excess, and there should not be muscle weakness. I do not like to combine abdominoplasty with liposuction because of the added risks of fluid collection under the skin, and wound healing problems.

Aggressive liposuction with tummy tuck is dangerous. A full tummy tuck with liposuction at the same time will certainly put you at a high risk for fluid under the tummy tuck skin (seroma). The literature is complete with this information. The science is the science. This is a risky combination.

The incidence of seroma formation is about 16.0 percent in the abdominoplasty-alone group and 31.2 percent in the abdominoplasty with liposuction group.

The combination of abdominoplasty and liposuction procedures can still overwhelm the body's ability to resist these shear forces by the fact that more surface area is available to “shear” and thus produce seroma fluid. Not so much as an additive effect but synergistically, such that the seroma fluid from the flanks flows into the adjacent abdominal space and resists the ability of the upper abdominal flap to close over the abdominal wall. Patients must be counseled about their risk for seroma formation and treatments aimed at resolving them including frequent postoperative visits for needle drainage and the rare case requiring operative drainage in the face of a persistent seroma.

Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! Check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

Assuming you are talking about a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience in abdominoplasty, you need to find someone who you trust. This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results! Cost alone should not be the deciding
factor.

The prices can vary from state to state, and from city to city. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, scar gel, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 5 days, 7 days, 9 days, 14 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, and every year after that forever, are around $7995. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well.

How much would it cost for tummy tuck and liposuction?

Thank you for the question. You should be very proud of the significant weight loss!

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.
***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You'll find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss.

Plastic surgery after weight loss

Before we discuss the estimated cost of tummy tuck and liposuction, it is important to note that any plastic surgery after weight loss can only produce good long-term results if you are near your weight goal and are not expecting further weight loss.

Based on your height, your ideal weight is between 100 and 130 pounds.

In terms of the tummy tuck cost, it is highly variable because it will depend on the amount of correction needed and the use of adjunct procedures, usually in the form of liposuction.  But to give you an idea, one survey has suggested that its average cost is $8,000. 

Of course, patients who request for liposuction at the same time as their tummy tuck should expect to pay an additional $3,000-$6,000.  Again, the price is highly variable due to key factors. 

While it is understandable to be price conscious, take note that as a prudent patient your main priority is finding a board-certified plastic surgeon (ABSP certified) who performs plastic surgery after weight loss on a regular basis. 

I hope that helps and good luck.