My lips are totally swollen can it be from the lip implants. (photos)

I had reaction to adhesive tape put on steroid ointment. I had implants put in 8 days ago had a reaction to the adhesive tape took benadryl for the itching got a steroid ointment also. Friday my lip was swollen on the right side.Saturday swollen on the bottom lip woke up today all swollen look like daffy duck

Swelling after lip implants

Thank you for asking about your swelling after your lip implants.

The look and your description suggest that you have a cold sore (herpes simplex) outbreak and need treatment with an anti-viral mediicine. If your swelling has not resolved and this has not been considered, please ask your surgeon to treat you now. Untreated, the cold sore swelling like this can persist indefinitely.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post op swelling

That much swelling at post op day 8 is not really normal ..I would consult with your surgeon ASAP. just to make sure you are not developing an infection. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD, FACS