I am 65 years old. Had open heart surgery in Nov 2015. Am I a candidate for breast lift and some reduction?

Have no photos. Don't want to put on Internet.

Breast lift and open heart surgery

More details would be required to suggest whether or not you are  candidate for not, but you would definitely need medical clearance first.

Breast reduction after open heart surgery

Providing you and your plastic surgeon are in agreement with your goals, and as soon as your cardiac medical and surgical team feel you are stable for a several hour elective surgery under general anesthesia, you would be good to go. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery with prior cardiac history?

Thank you for the question.  Breast lifting/reduction procedures can be done safely for patients with a variety of different “medical conditions”. Careful evaluation and treatment of the medical condition is necessary prior to determining the appropriate candidates for the  breast procedure.  In your case this would be best done by your cardiologist.  The physicians who know your situation best would be best suited  to discuss your suitability for the procedure and the potentially increased risks/complications that you should consider.  This process is called obtaining "medical clearance". These doctors will also be able to communicate with your plastic surgeon in regards to specific pre/intra/post operative considerations (including management of medications…).   

Also, please make sure you are seeking consultation with  well experienced board-certified  plastic surgeons who preferably work with board-certified anesthesiologists in fully accredited surgery facilities. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Breast surgery after heart disease

I don't blame you for not wanting to post photos. It seems standards of personal privacy  are gone today. In any case you may have a breast reduction which lifts you as well, it's typically a 3 hour procedure under general or IV sedation. A medical clearance by your cardiologist or internist is necessary prior to surgery to ensure that your medical condition is stable for the surgery. I encourage you to look into it as most women are very happy with the results of this operation.

Joel Aronowitz, MD