6 months After 2 Coolsculpting treatments, upper abdomen bigger than before -why is this?

Paradoxical Reaction

While extremely rare, a paradoxical reaction is possible with not just coolsculpting but also a surgical body contouring procedure. Consult with your treating physician in regards to your options. This is one reason why it is generally wise to go to a board certified physician who can provide both surgical and coolsculpting options.

Cool sculpting recovery

This paradoxical reaction is uncommon but can happen.  Please return to the treating physician for an examination, photos and a discussion about next steps.

UPPER ABDOMEN IS BIGGER THAN BEFORE AFTER TWO COOLSCULPTING TREATMENTS.

There are variables that you have not accounted for in your question. I will assume that you are the same weight as you were before the treatments started.Keeping in mind that you did not gain weight, two treatments are not sufficient for the abdomen.You need at least four for that area. However, that being said, in over a million cases or more there have been approximately 95 cases reported of patients getting larger in the treated areas.The exact mechanism of why is currently being investigated.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Abdomen post - coolsculpting

The abdominal area is the best area to get cool sculpting.  I am unsure without photos and your weight currently and six months ago why you would have these negative results.  I have not seen these results in my practice. On average patients go down two dress sizes in their waist after appropriate treatments.  Please return to your treating physician for evaluation.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cool sculpting.