How much would an operation with my current condition cost? Is it better to have surgery now or lose weight first? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 17
Gynecomastia cost and timing
Insurance is unlikely to cover the costs of the surgery, but you should contact your insurance company for the specifics of your plan.
To ensure the lowest possible costs and the highest possible quality, consult with board certified plastic surgeon who owns his own nationally accredited surgery center.
Patients are generally better off able to be closer to their long term stable weight for the best possible results.
Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.
You might also like...
Weight then surgery
Estimated Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery & Minimizing Risks
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.
Three options exist for surgery. Smaller procedures can actually be done in the office with light oral sedation. Adolescents frequently do better with a light general #anaesthetic.Twilight or IV sedation are another great choice. All procedures are outpatient either in the office or a certified outpatients surgery facility.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
Man Boob Correction Cost
- Gynecomastia reduction cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures such as lipo also be also performed during the same surgery?
Male breast reduction is ideally done after you lost your weight
As for the cost, fees vary. You look like you need a female-style breast reduction that will remove the excess skin and leave you with significant scars. Alternatively you may choose a less aggressive approach with less scarring but it will leave you with some sagging skin.
Our fee (including all charges) would be $8500 however fees may be very different in your area.
Male breast reduction
technique applied (liposuction or excision)
Generally speaking, insurance does not cover the cost of your procedure because it is usually for aesthetic rather than therapeutic benefit. However, you should ask your insurance provider as they may be different.
In Toronto, Ontario, the cost of the procedure ranges from $4000-$6000. Financing options are available.
To improve the results of your treatment, you should be at an ideal stable weight at the time of your surgery. It is also safer for you.
Try to lose weight before surgery
I would recommend losing the weight first. At 5'7" a better weight would be in the 160's. Good luck.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.