Deep, high, awkward looking double eyelid (Photo)

I need the doctors suggestion on my double eyelid. I had a surgery last december to create this double eyelid. However, I find that the eyelid is too high and awkward looking. I can see it clearly even when I took a picture from far away. I thought the eyelid was not supposed to be that deep or define? Please tell me your opinion on this and if I need to and/or be able to fix it. Thank you.

Double eyelid revision surgery

Hi. Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your result. I believe you are unhappy with how high your eyelid crease was placed. It may be possible to lower the crease, but an in person exam is needed to determine this for sure. For what it's worth, I think your eyelids look good. Hope this helps. Best regards, M.D.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is essential that you only have surgery with surgeons who understand double fold surgery.

Your creases are too high and your platforms are too long.  Your surgeon did not control the tension of the skin and muscle on the eyelid platform.  This also means that the upper eyelid lashes are not supported and are droopy (lash ptosis).  The solution is structured micro double fold surgery.  You need to have your upper eyelid crease lowered (it should be about 6.5 mm) .  You need a tiny amount of skin and muscle removed from the eyelid platform (about 2 mm).  The upper eyelid ptosis needs to be corrected.  If you study my website, you will see examples of precisely this type of surgery.  You are fixable but only the right surgeon can do this.  You will need to travel for this care.

Double eyelid surgery result

It is unfortunate that you are not satisfied with your surgery, but it appears from your photos that your result is rather aesthetically pleasing. It is imperative that the patient and the surgeon clearly communicate regarding the expected surgical outcome. Give it at least a year, and if you are still not satisfied, it is possible to surgically lower your crease to your desired level. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon