What are my options? (Photos)

I am 11 months post op. The doctor left me looking like a freak, told me after I cried and begged him, I should be lucky. Saying this, what are my options? I now have 600 cc gummy bears adhesive. My first 11 years ago I had 450 saline.

Too big

After looking at your photos I think you are too big but when it comes to breast size it is a personal choice and some women like that look I don't.I like a more natural look.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

If you are happy with this size, I would recommend a better release of the muscle medially so the medial pole contour is symmetric and normal.  Otherwise, maybe a slightly smaller implant would look nicer.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

What are my options?

The posted photos are NOT good! Best to seek only in person paid second opinions from boarded PSs in your area. Only revision surgery can offer you a better result.

Big Problem

At some point these large implants will have to be dealt with.  In can be difficult to go down to a smaller implant, tighten the skin and reduce the pocket all at the same time.  Sometimes it is necessary to basically start over.  Take out the implants and the capsule and do an aggressive mastopexy.  Live without implants at all for about 8 to 12 months.  Then go back and put in small implants in the new lifted breasts.  The size would have to be conservative, in the 300 to 350 cc range.

But all of this depends on your exam and the thickness and the quality of your tissue envelope.

I hope things work out well for you.

Dr. Telepun

What are my options?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  It is difficult without an in-person examination as well as your pre-surgery pictures to determine the best treatment plan but I would advocate for a breast implant exchange for smaller implants, simultaneously reducing the dimensions of your implant pocket, and having a breast lift performed to better match your frame.  Hope this helps.

Large Breast Implants

It depends what you want to achieve. Your implants are very large indeed, and will likely cause you grief going forward. I might suggest that these are removed, replaced with significantly smaller, less projected implants and a breast lift / mastopexy be performed. This will carry a scar burden on the breast mound, but I suspect that it is a reasonable trade-off from where you are now.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

What are my options?

At this point, your breast are very large for your chest dimensions. It is difficult to tell the quality of your tissues just from pictures. Your options include replacing the implants with a smaller volume. You may also require a breast lift to tighten the loose skin and improve the sagginess of your breasts that may worsen with smaller implants. Only an in person exam will help determine exactly what you need. If your last surgeon used large implants in an attempt to fill out the loose skin, you are more likely to need a lift with a smaller implant. This will definitely decrease your size and give you breasts that will match your frame and make wearing clothing more fun for you. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in breast revision surgery.

What are my options?

Your implants appear to be too large for your breast pocket. Best to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can measure you and properly evaluate you in person and recommend the best procedures for you to achieve the look you want! Good luck!

Breast implants - very unhappy after larger gummy bear implants

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • I am sorry this experience has been so difficult.
  • You have very large implants for your frame and the pockets are not symmetric.
  • But one can't offer much advice without knowing why you had further surgery and how things looked before.
  • Since your plastic surgeon was unhelpful, you need to find a new one.
  • Take copies of your previous operative notes and implant cards.
  • Explain why you had the revision and the look you want to achieve.
  • Although it is difficult when one is disappointed, at the new consultation, avoid too much emotion or blame - it is understandable but is distracting, making it harder for your new surgeon to give you the best advice.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS