Mons lipo and cost. (photos)

My tummy tuck March 3rd the doc made my incision way to high and because of that my mums area stinks out and he didn't do lipo under my boobs like we discussed and my belly button is off centered/to high it today he did lipo on my mums area and under boobs and revision on my belly button im scared to look but my concerns is that I will have sagging skin in my mums area and i asked will i have saggy skin his wife said yes and he said no that really worried me he brushes me off alot when I ask Q's

Lipo of mons can leave the skin loose or sagging

I'm so sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with your tummy tuck. While each surgeon has his/her own preferred design for the incision, I agree it looks high in your photo. It's possible he was trying to keep your tattoos intact, I'm not sure. Since the surgery has already been performed, I would focus on your recovery and try not to worry about the what-ifs until you see how you are healing. [If you had not had surgery yet, I would say only go with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with tummy tucks and whose before and after photos you like. Also, it's important to choose a surgeon you feel comfortable with, and if you feel the surgeon brushes off your questions, he/she may not be the best fit for you.] Now that you have had your revision surgery, wait and see how the areas heal. If the mons looked droopy before the lipo, it will likely look droopy after, and you may need a monsplasty. The good news about the monsplasty is that while the mons is lifted and excess skin removed, the central part of your incision is  lowered at the same time. The cost for this really varies city to city, and also if you get it done under local or general anesthesia. If you don't feel comfortable with your surgeon, look on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find another surgeon in your area, or the American Board of Plastic Surgery website. (You always have the option of traveling to another location too, but if you are trying to keep costs down it may make more sense to stay in your area)

Suction after tummy tuck

Sorry for you.It is not unusual for me to perform liposuction on people who have had a tummy tuck in the past.Personally, I ask patients to have suction first, but I understand that many people do not want to do this.Anyway, suction of the pubis and upper abdomen can be done in a few months.Not to worry

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Mons lipo and cost

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I would first verify that your mons has excess adipose tissue that needs to be removed to help achieve your desired appearance.  You are not far out from your tummy tuck and liposuction which has a tendency of causing swelling to the mons region that can persist for months.  If your mons is largely adipose tissue it can be liposuctioned to great success.  Costs will vary across the country so best to see a series of physicians in your area for a better price determination.  In many cases it can even be done with an in-office procedure.  Hope this helps.