Lipo done on mons area, what is this lump? (Photos)

I had lipo on my mums area 3 weeks ago and I have this lump that feels like a blister under the skin I push on one side it go's to the other should I go to my sergeons or will my body absorb what ever it is

Doctor Answers 5


Thank you for your question. Based on the description you may have a seroma. I recommend to see your PS for evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Austin Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 30 reviews


You may have a seroma, and it is best to see your surgeon who might want to drain it. Best of luck....

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Seroma -- Please see your physician

This is likely a seroma and needs aspiration, compression, massage. Please see your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews


From your description it sounds like you have a seroma. I would see you surgeon. the surgeon can drain this fluid in the office. 

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Liposuction fluid collection

It sounds like you have developed a seroma after your liposuction.  You should see your plastic surgeon for follow up.  Your surgeon may want to drain it with a small needle or may let it resorb, but this decision should be made with an in person examination.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.