I got a BA and lift 4 months ago and my incision doesn't seem to getting better. What is causing it to look like this? (Photo)

I've been experiencing sharp pain in my right breast and the incision doesn't seem to get better. I told my surgeon and he gave me antibiotics, that didn't work so then he tought it was an allergic reaction, and it wasn't, then he tought it was a fungal infection and I've been putting anti fungal crime but doesn't seem to be getting better.

I got a BA and lift 4 months ago and my incision doesn't seem to getting better. What is causing it to look like this?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. Open wounds and scars are also very common in this procedure, and also if it happens, you have to get with your plastic surgeon for cleaned and if it's worse , put stitches on it.I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Healing

Thank you for your question and photo.  You should go back to be seen by your operating surgeon.  Your photo is unclear making it hard for me to say what it is that you are experiencing during the healing process.  At four months post-op, you should be almost, if not completely, healed.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Incisional pain and redness not getting better 4 months post op!

I think the pain is probably a normal part of healing, even if it is not noticed on the other side. However it could be a sign of infection, but that would also cause fever, chills, or other systemic concerns that you do not describe. Allergic response and fungal infections have been considered, and I would avoid anti-fungal crimes but continue to use the anti-fungal cream that has been prescribed. (Sorry, I HAD to do that!)

Actually, I think this degree of redness in a breast lift scar is pretty normal at 4 months post-op, unless, of course, your other scar is significantly different (better). Then I certainly understand your concern. It's just hard to know without additional information.

I would worry less and continue to see your surgeon on a regular basis. You don't want to miss an infected implant, but you also should know that if your implant is infected, it will almost certainly require removal to successfully treat any infection, then another operation to place a new implant. I hope this is not the case, but can't truthfully reassure you or cause you to be concerned. See your surgeon! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon