Why do I still have excess skin 3 months post surgery on one eye- after I had Under eyelid surgery! What can I do? (photo)

Why do I still have excess skin 3 months post surgery on one eye- after I had Under eyelid surgery! What can I do?

I suspect you actually need volume here.

No doubt, surgeons will fall all over themselves to sign you up for surgery.  However, you have unfavorable anatomy to have this roll removed.  This is likely more than skin, it is likely a skin muscle fold.  Removing it will be associated with a motor nerve injury to the eyelid margin, and scaring that will tend to pull the lower eyelid down.  Please be careful what you look for.  I think you need volume here.  Consider Restylane for this area.

Unhappy after eyelid surgery

Thank you for your question.  It is not clear from your question whether you had surgery on both eyelids or just 1.  If you do not have the confidence in the advice your physician is giving then severed that relationship and find another physician with you feel comfortable.  More information would be required along with a physical examination in order to make a definitive recommendation as to your next best options.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon