Had Blepha 3 months ago, How can I remove excess skin without another surgery? (photos)

Had Blepha 3 months ago, How can I remove excess skin without another surgery?

Excess skin after blepharoplasty

A photo of both eyes without the chin tipped up would be helpful. Your eyelid looks very natural with a good crease, good eyelash and lid margin position. It is difficult to determine whether the apparent excess is secondary to brow ptosis or residual excess lid fold. Be very cautious with additional surgery. If the lid fold appears too "skimpy" in a man, it has the effect of feminizing the eyelid. (There are some Hollywood examples of this.) Talk with your surgeon and see what he/she can do to make you more happy with your eyelids. Many surgeons recommend waiting at least 6 months before revisions. Best wishes!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Persistent skin after eyelid surgery

it is difficult to tell from this photograph alone exactly what your concerns may be.  It is important to consider position of the eyebrow, volume of the soft tissue around the eyelid, and what your goals are before making any type of recommendation.  I would recommend treatment by a highly experienced surgeon and proceeding with care before undergoing additional procedures.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

I think you will be in trouble having this bit of skin removed.

No doubt, surgeons will fall all over themselves to sign you up for surgery.  However, you have unfavorable anatomy to have this roll removed.  This is likely more than skin, it is likely a skin muscle fold.  Removing it will be associated with a motor nerve injury to the eyelid margin, and scaring that will tend to pull the lower eyelid down.  Please be careful what you look for.

Excess skin

I'd have to personally examine you to determine whether or not you truly have excess skin, but if you do, there are only two ways to improve it. One is surgery. We just remove the excess skin. The second is with a laser resurfacing, but this treatment will only improve a very small amount of excess skin. If there is a significant amount of excess skin, it will need to be removed surgically. Fortunately, this can easily be performed in an office setting. I'd recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess eye lid skin

From your photos the excess skin of your upper eyelid appears to be due to brow ptosis. This would require a brow lift.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Brow ptosis

Your picture is somewhat limited but it appears that some of the skin is actually from your eyebrow rather than eyelid. Your eyebrow on the picture provided appears relatively low. You should follow-up with your surgeon for an examination. You may be a great candidate for a browlift (either non-surgically with Botox/Dysport/Xeomin or surgically). Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post bleph

I would be cautious prior more surgery.Some of the skin excess  may be from your brow. Perhaps a Chem Brow lift with a neurotoxin such as Botox may help. Discuss it with your doctor. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon