After I have my Brazilian butt can I do exercises to help the healing process?

I have a Job were I'm driving 8 hours a day but will not be working the first 2 weeks after my surgery. Could you give me suggestions on exercises I could do to hell faster or what I might do that could help.

BBL recovery

Thank you for your question. After a BBL surgery, patients can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery. Best is to ask your surgeon for recovery instructions.

BBL

I can’t say that there are any exercises that will “speed up” your recovery. Recovery takes time but there are some things you can do to prevent damaging/killing the newly grafted fat cells and help swelling/bruising resolve. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. You may also want to consider performing daily lymphatic massages. I believe that massaging can be beneficial if you have some discomfort, swelling and are trying to accelerate your recovery process. You may want to consider beginning daily light massages starting about a week after surgery. I would definitely recommend wearing your body garment until your surgeon tells you otherwise, to reduce swelling and have the best results possible. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your recovery.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after bbl

I allow patients to go back to light activity within about 3-4 weeks after a BBL.  Best to ask your doc.

I'm a petite size 6. I want a butt enhancement. What are my options? (Photo)

The post-op course recommended varies between surgeons. In my practice w e generally allow our patients to begin limited exercise after about 2-3 weeks, gradually increasing the regimen, so by about 6- 8 weeks you are back to your pre-op exercise program. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Exercise

Exercise is always good for your health but in respect to faster healing, there is nothing exercise related to do. It is important to move and walk around to help with blood circulation. It is also important to wear the compression garment and foams while limited trunk movement. Lastly it is important to sit up straight to help with preventing wrinkles in the abdomen.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon