Am I a good candidate for aqualipo? (Photo)

I desperately need to get rid of my belly fat. I worked out ate, healthy after both of my pregnancies, lost the weight but my belly just refuses to budge anymore :( . Do you think aqualipo is a good choice for me?

Am I a good candidate for aqualipo?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
No form of liposuction is an option to restore your belly to its pre-pregnancy state.  Your main problem is loose, stretched excess skin of the abdomen. Liposuction will not eliminate the excess skin. Rather, it will further hollow out the skin making the loose skin seem more excessive.  The only procedure that will restore your abdomen is a full abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck. Liposuction, however, would be an option for other areas such as the hips and flanks or love handle areas.

Liposuction will not substitute for a tummy tuck

Liposuction is great operation for removing fat. Although there is usually some skin contraction that takes place after the liposuction, it is generally not enough when loose skin is already present. This is true regardless of what liposuction technique is used. In my experience there is little practical difference in the result between the various liposuction devices. Choosing a skilled plastic surgeon is much, much more important. Any tool is only as good as the operator.

In this case since there is already loose skin, liposuction will not improve the loose skin, in fact it may get worse since the remaining skin is further deflated from the liposuction. The best result here will be obtained from a tummy tuck. It removes the excess skin, removes the excess fat and tightens up the stomach wall. You are not overweight and a tummy tuck should be able to get you a very attractive result. You'll look and feel better about yourself. For more information about a tummy tuck please see the link below.

For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is recognized as the world’s leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. ASAPS is comprised of over 2,600 Plastic Surgeons; active members are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (USA) or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures. International active members are certified by equivalent boards of their respective countries. All members worldwide adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and must meet stringent membership requirements

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

You need a good plastic surgeon

I don't think any form of liposuction will deliver what you are hoping for. If you're not planning on having any further pregnancies, then a full abdominoplasty is the correct procedure.

Your primary issue is skin laxity, not subcutaneous fat. This is probably why you failed to see results from diet and exercise.

If you are planning on having more children, then liposuction may be appropriate as an intermediate procedure, though you need to keep your expectations low in terms of having a flat abdomen. 

Forget the special equipment for liposuction and get an appropriate assessment.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Am I a good candidate for aqualipo?

You need a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and excision of excess skin. Liposuction will not give you any kind of a satisfactory result.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Does Aqualipo or Aquashape work for a post-pregnancy tummy?

Good question!  I have been studying and researching Aquashape (Aqualipo) for the past 4 years in 353 patients.  It is an excellent technique.  What it can offer is a procedure under local anesthesia, so you can drive yourself home.  It can nicely reduce fatty tissue fullness in the lower tummy or elsewhere.  What it cannot do is "shrink" or "repair" stretch mark post-pregnancy skin.  Lots of techniques have been tested ( including laser or Smart lipo) to try and shrink the skin, without success.  If you have the stretched skin and you want it gone, it needs to be removed surgically ( cut out).

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck + Liposuction

Tummy tuck surgery is one of our favorite operations because of the dramatic improvements abdominoplasty patients achieve.

There are various types of abdominoplasty procedures for patients to choose from. Each one is designed to treat a specific set of needs. In consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, the choice of procedure will be made based on your anatomic features and desired outcome. While all tummy tucks have in common that they tighten the abdominal skin, there are two key differences between the various procedures. The incision lengths vary depending on the amount of skin to be excised, and the abdominal muscles may be tightened if they have excess laxity.

In addition to removing loose skin, localized fat deposits can also be removed during your tummy tuck. It is recommended, however, that you be as close as possible to your goal weight before having the procedure. If your concerns extend beyond the tummy, we can safely combine liposuction with tummy tucks for more dramatic results.

That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Liposuction Versus Tummy Tuck

Liposuction Versus Tummy TuckEnergy based liposuction like VASER, ThermiRF, SmartLipo do well for skin retraction and contouring of the body. If you have a lot of loose skin or stretch marks, surgery is best option with or without lipocontouring. I suggest you see a body sculpting physician for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Based upon the posted photos you are NOT a candidate for any type of liposuction. You need a full TT in my over the internet opinion..