I am interested in a filler for the nasolabial folds and possibly the top lip too. Would one syringe be enough? (Photo)

Is one syringe of juvederm W ought to fill nasal folds and the upper lip (I don't want too much in lip at all)

How much juvederm

Looking at your photo it appears 1 syringe may be enough.   You can always add more if you choose.    Your  injector should be able
to  tell you how much product you will need to achieve the goals you want.   Good Luck!

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Nasolabial Folds

Typically it takes one syringe for the lips and one syringe for the nasolabial folds. If cost is a factor have the physician start the injections in the area that bothers you the most.  See if the syringe covers the area that you most want injected and proceed from there.  Best, Dr. Green

How Many Syringes of Juviderm for Nasolabial Folds and Lips?

Thank you for posting a photo with your question. Considering that you have not had Juviderm filler before, you "don't want to much in lip at all" and your nasolabial folds are not too deep, I would recommend starting with a 1 syringe of Juviderm. That should improve the aforementioned areas. I recommend that you have this done with an experienced injector and carefully review their before and after results, before you proceed. Remember that this is a starting point and you can always return to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for additional filler if necessary. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Volume question

1 to 2 cc look adequate, but it totally depends on your desired look. Personally, I think your lips are full enough, but that's MY personal opinion. Your opinion is the more important one and should be honored. Good luck.

Richard J. Beil, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

One Syringe for Lips and Folds

One syringe is equal to a teaspoon of product, it will not be able to do your entire lips and folds.  You will likely need at least 2 and possibly more if you are doing facial sculpting to the midface, chin/jawline that I frequently do when I treat patients folds or lips.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I am interested in a filler for the nasolabial folds and possibly the top lip too. Would one syringe be enough?

Hi, we have perormed many dermal filler treatments over the past 30 years as well as lip augmentations.  Based on the photo, yopu could start out with 1 cc to fill in the nasolabial folds and the upper lip.  

Hope this helps.

How many syringes of Juvederm

Thank you for posting your photo and questions. You can start with 1 syringe of filler and see how your like your results and return to your doctor for more once swelling subsides if you prefer more fill.
Be careful and do your due diligence when selecting your injector to make sure he/ she is qualified in providing natural results. I would suggest consulting while board certified plastic surgeons and dermatologists.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm to use

The right amount of Juvederm is determined in part by your goals. It is best to prioritize your goals and start with the area most important to you. For example, if your nasolabial folds are most important, do those first. If there is material left in the syringe after the NLF are adequately corrected, it can be used for the lip.  Generally speaking, though, one syringe of Juvederm is likely not enough to do both NLF and lips to full correction.

Michael Ehrenreich, MD, FAAD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

One syringe may be enough

Right now, your upper lip is showing about as much as your lower lip. I would be very careful about adding volume to only your upper lip for fear of creating an upper lip that looks bigger than your lower lip. That is a very unnatural look. The body of your upper lip could use some volume on each side, but I would balance it with a small amount in the lower lip as well. You don't have much for nasolabial folds, so one syringe may be enough. You really don't know how much you need until you try it. You can always add another syringe down the road in 6 months or so. Just make sure an experienced injector uses an HA filler.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler how much?

How much filler depends upon you goals. It may require one or two syrgines or more in some cases.  Best of luck.