Can the smart lipo be used on people with lipo-edema?

I have lipoedema and know that there is wal lipo that only a few doctors perform here in the us. Is this a procedure that could be used for it?

Many surgeons use WAL though it is not the most common

I'm sorry to hear that you have lipoedema.

At least you have a diagnosis. The treatment of lipoedema using liposuction is a little controversial. I'm not sure that it's been truly proven that WAL is safer for lymph vessels than other forms of liposuction.

In a condition known as lymphedema, all forms of liposuction should be avoided unless done by a lymphedema specialist.  

I don't know what the percentage chance of worsening lipoedema from liposuction is.

You should not have a hard time finding someone with a WAL in the US, though, as you mentioned, they seem more popular in Europe. 

Look for someone who has devoted their career to just liposuction and has had many years of experience. Then ask the person how much they know about the condition. If they have knowingly treated many people diagnosed with lipoedema and have good long-term follow-ups, then that would be the person to help you.

My guess is there have been thousands of women with lipoedema who do not know they have it and have had liposuction likely done by doctors that were unaware of the condition.  

Early on in the development of lipoedema, patients can present as very good candidates.  

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.