Just over 3 weeks Tummy Tuck, Muscle repair, and Lipo to the flanks, will this get better? (photos)

Just over 3 weeks from surgery and I notice on one side it us very indented - will this get better or will I need a slight revision - I have a hip replacement on that side so not sure if that's what caused it and if anything can be done

Over 3 weeks tummy tuck

Hello dear, thanks for your question, but is to early to have a result, with just 3 weeks post op is impossible to see how your body will look, you need to wait at least 6 month post op to start looking final results, your body has a lot to improve yet. So be patient and enjoy every change!! wish you the best :)

Contour irregularity following liposuction

Thank you for your question. Not to worry, you will almost certainly continue to see improvement here. You already have a very nice contour, and your incision seems to be healing appropriately. Just continue with your post op instructions, and some compression might be helpful if you had liposuction at this site. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

TT

3 weeks is very early. try not to over analyze this early result. it will continue to improve. TT usually provides a very nice improvement in shape and contour. be patient.

Indent after tummy tuck

you are still very early in the healing process. You may just have more swelling on one side then the other. It will take 6 months for the swelling to subside and maybe even a year to see your final results.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Early healing

The shelf like appearance of the transition of the scar to the leg is quite common after tummy tuck. The tissue that is been elevated that we call a flap has had the best venous drainage and lymphatic drainage divided so as to do the procedure. Until the veins and lymphatics grow back, which may take many months, there may be some swelling that makes it appear higher than where it is sewn into. In my experience, within three months or so this will dissipate. Discuss with your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck with your further uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Just over 3 weeks Tummy Tuck, Muscle repair, and Lipo to the flanks, will this get better?

Besides the slight indentation the incision/scar seem rather high located??WHY? Best to see your surgeon face to face to discuss. But at this stage in the early healing you need to wait fir unto 6 months to think if revision is needed or feasible...... 

Will this get better?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. At 3 weeks post op your are still in the early phase of healing. During this time there is a significant amount of swelling and there may be a lumpy/bumpy appearance. This should improve over time. I typically tell my patients that they will not see their final results for approximately 6 months. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

TT revision?

Thank you for your question.  If surgery was only 3 weeks ago there could be significant improvement in both the appearance of the scar and the abdominal contour for several months.  This would be something your surgeon would assess around 6+ months postop.

Post tummy tuck and liposuction

At only 4 weeks you certainly have swelling that would mask the results of your surgery. I tell my patients to be carefull about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and post op swelling

Hello

Thank you for your question. At 3-4 weeks post-op you are still swollen. Allow 3 - 6 months for swelling to resolve and your tummy to heal. Make sure to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD