I'm 2 weeks out of arm lift with liposuction surgery. How long do I wear the arm compressions?

Compression garments?

Hello and thanks. When and how to put on the compression garments may depend on what approach was used on your arms and how much tissue was removed. For safety reasons it is your plastic surgeon is the best resource to answer this question - I believe. Generally speaking, I prefer Ace wraps for the first 2 weeks and as long as the incision is healed well - the patient can wear a compresion bandage from week 2 to 8. Best, Dr. ALDO

Brachioplasty/Arm lift/Liposuction/ Vaser Hi Definition procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression Garments

"Hello, for best results it is recommended that you wear the compression garments for at least 3 weeks post liposuction."

Mahmood Kara, MD

Arm compression

I would usually keep my patients in arm compression for 6 weeks and if the compression is becoming uncomfortable would encourage them switched to some other type of lighter compression like underarm.  Of course each patient is evaluated, and depending on the healing, compression times may be modified.

Robert J. Schutz, MD
Rapid City Plastic Surgeon