9 days post op and my left breast seems larger and misshapen compared to my right. Is this normal? (Photo)

I am 9 days out from surgery. My left breast seems bigger and misshaped compared to my right breast. The medial lower quadrant doesn't seem to round out like the other side. Is this because one side is dropping faster? Is this normal?

Contour Irregularities

As others have stated, contour irregularities and asymmetries can be normal at this point and last a few months. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon in person regarding any concerning changes, and try to hold off evaluating results for at least a few more months.

All the best

9 days post op

You are still very early in the recovery process. It will take several months for everything to settle. It is not uncommon for the breasts to be asymmetrical at this point. I know it's frustrating, but hang in there. Continue to follow your board certified plastic surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns

Breast uneven

Hi & thank you for your question.
You are  still very early in you recovery. It will take time for the breasts to settle and for the swelling to decrease. It is not uncommon for the breasts to be asymmetrical at this point. Try not to worry. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns. Best of luck.

9 days post op

At this post operative time I would truly give yourself more time to pass judgment on how your results will be. You may have unequal swelling. If in a few more weeks you are still feeling like they are uneven please go back to your surgeon for an evaluation. Hope that helps, but again, too soon to worry in my opinion. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breasts different shapes 9 days after Breast augmentation

You are very early in the recovery process it will take 3-6 months for your breast to take on their final shape some refer to this as settling.  Breast asymmetry sometimes occurs during this process.  With time they will likely become more symmetrical.  Best of luck. 

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Postop

It is difficult to comment without seeing your preop photos and knowing what implants have been used. You are correct that there is a difference although in the majority of situations this will settle as the implants drop and the tissues soften. If you have had anatomical implants there is a possibility that you have rotation (something that doesn't happen with round implants) and only your PS will be able to reassure you. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling / Asymmetry

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.