First consultation with my doctor, how to avoid miscommunication to get the results I want?

Hi! please forgive any grammar/spelling mistakes, as English is not my first language. Tomorrow is my first consultation with my doctor, I would like him to perform a Smartlipo on my stomach and love handles so I was thinking about printing before and after photos I found on internet of this kind of procedure to give him a visual about wich results would make me happy and wich wouldn´t, and explain in both cases why. Do you think Is a good idea or he could think this is kind of rude? Thanks!!

Communication with your doctor

Hi! It's okay to have photos at the consult but you must remember everyone has a different body type. What works for one person may not be the best for you. You should make sure your doctor understands what your goal is and it is important for you to understand what can be done for you. If you are both on the same page and agree then your end results should make you happy. 

Communication with your doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SmartLipo, pictures

I do not mind pictures, as this gives me a guide.  I can then have an honest discussion about whether the results are realistic or not.  A good surgeon is never going to be offended by questions, concerns, or discussing past results.

Dr. Powell

SmartLipo, pictures

Dr. Powell

Communication with your doctor

The best way to communicate with your doctor is to be open and honest about what you expect and ask him or her to show you his cases that are similar to you so that you can evaluate if his before and after pictures seem good enough for your expectations. Bringing Pictures you take from the internet will not be a good guide since every person is different from other. I do not think that a good surgeon that has not an ego problem would be insulted though. Best luck

Communication with your doctor

Bringing photos of results you like are helpful as long as they are realistic

Bringing "wish pics" to your consultation is helpful to give the surgeon an idea of appearances that you find pleasing. However, the photos should be realistic and the body type should be similar to your own. Be aware that many photos of models that appear in advertisements are often heavily edited in photoshop and other programs and do not reflect reality. Sometimes the results you seek cannot be achieved with the procedure you think that you need and you might require other options.