Can a slimmer person get a Brazilian butt lift?

I am quite slim but do have a little extra fat on my tummy, love handles and inner thighs... can I still get a bbl?

Petite women can still rule the world! The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape!

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. Generally speaking, smaller frames with limited excess fat can utilize a combination approach nicely with gummy bear butt implants and fat grafting for an improved silhouette.

It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you. Good Luck!

Without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell if you are a candidate for a BBL.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  

Rami Ghurani, MD

Ideal Brazilian Butt Lift candidate

It sounds like you may be a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. 

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves liposuction of the lower back and hips to define and bring out two round hemispheric buns and then to augment them with your own fat. Such an operation has much nicer results in slimmer not in obese women. 

The key, as in everything we do in life, is to pick a great surgeon. One who would listen to you and who has the experience and sense of artistry to create the best result possible. 

Peter A. Aldea MD

Memphis, TN

BBL

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. I do not recommend patients gaining weight prior to surgery because weight fluctuations before or after the procedure can affect your results. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help you achieve a curvier look. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I  specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your description, it sounds like you may be a good candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL with Fat Transfer for Gluteal Implants

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in-person consultation. Generally speaking, a board certified plastic surgeon can usually find enough fat on even a thin patient to give a good result. If for some reason, there is not enough fat present, then gluteal implants might also be an option to consider. Make sure your surgeon has expertise in this area! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Being thin is frequently not an issue.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Weight and BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

A slimmer person may still be a good candidate for the BBL. It really depends on how much fat you have as not all fat survives during liposuction.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift in Slimmer Individuals

Yes...a slimmer person can still be a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift.

You have to realize that the procedure not only involves liposuction of fat and processing it and placing it into the buttocks...but it also has to deal with re-shaping. The results of the Brazilian Butt Lift is not just to add volume in the buttock region, but more importantly to change the shape and provide a more hourglass and curvy shape. Therefore slimmer individuals can still achieve a change in their shape, despite the fact that they may not have as much volume to harvest or to place into the buttocks.

Always choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in the procedure you are seeking.

Good Luck!

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon