Questions about Brazilian butt lift (weight loss and appearance of my stomach?)

I'm 18 years old, 5'7 and about 62kg. I'm slim but do have a little extra fat, I really want a Brazilian butt lift. I want to know if you can loose weight and tone up after getting the procedure and what affects it will have on your butt? If it's safe to loose weight, how soon after surgery? I also want to know if my tummy will look any different like lumpy or wrinkly looking?thank you for answering !!

I would recommend an in person consultation to evaluate how much fat is available for the procedure. BMI should be less than 30 before an elective surgery. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight loss

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Weight loss with brazilian butt lift

Thanks for your question. If my patients desire to lose weight I always recommend they do that first. It will give you a better overall outcome. If you really would like to do the procedure first it is perfectly safe to loose the weight after. I'd ask your surgeon when it is OK to return to activity and when they are OK with you exercising. Most will ask you to avoid stressful exercising until 6 weeks. Most surgeons should be able to do the liposuction of the tummy without leaving lumpy or wrinkly areas. This is typically due to being too superficial during the liposuction and is very dependent on your surgeons experience and training. 

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician