Procedure For Correcting Uneven Breast. (photos)

Hi, I am 20 with no kids. I understand that breast sizes will never match however I am extremely unhappy with mine. As you can see one is significantly larger than the other being a C to an A. I believe I may have "tuberous" breast and was wondering what procedures are available to achieve both similar size and shape. I have no objections to implants, if it will give me the desirable outcome. Thank you

Uneven Breasts

Hi, you do have tuberous (constricted) breast deformity, which can be corrected. What option you choose depends on what size you want both breasts to be. The simplest would be a combined breast augmentation and lift on your right breast, and a lift on your left. If you want both bigger, then implants on both.

Good luck, 

Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Thank you for your question and photos. You may be best treated with a combination of breast lift and asymmetric implant volumes. I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area and meet with them in person for a consultation. They will take measurements of your breasts, discuss your goals with you and provide procedural recommendations.
All the best

Tuberous breast correction

Hi,Thanks for the query and photos.The solution will be to achieve two breast mounds of equal volume and height of nipple, and in a cup size that meets your desire. I would suspect that will involve an implant on the smaller side and possible implant , and certainly lift on the larger side. The procedure should most likely be achieved in a single operation, though appreciate that this is a challenging situation and may need a second stage to refine the final result.For you the question will be" What cup do I want at the end?" and then seek opinions as how to achieve that with the most predictabilityAll the bestJeremy Hunt

Correction of asymmetry

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. You do not have tuberous breasts. the right is very small compared to the left. Sometimes this is the result of a condition called Poland's syndrome. There are no health risks from this, but it may explain why the right didn't develop like the left side. Because you have significant asymmetry, it is likely you may need two procedures to fully correct this. 
For best symmetry, it is ideal to have either both breasts with implants or both with natural tissue. Having one breast with an implant and the other without, usually results in some asymmetry; both in appearance and feel. I would start with a shaped contoured implant on the right and would opt for a side larger than the left breast. allow that to heal. Next do the left REDUCTION and still place a smaller implant on the left so that both will feel like the silicone. Even in the best possible scenario, they will not look exactly the same. But this should help give you a very natural and normal appearance. As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your doctor. Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Procedure For Correcting Uneven Breasts.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concerns regarding breast asymmetry are certainly understandable. Terminology can be confusing; you will receive different opinions regarding whether or not your breasts are constricted or tuberous. For example, in my opinion, your smaller breast definitely demonstrates features of constricted or tuberous breasts.

Regardless of the semantics, breast reduction/lifting surgery on one side plus/minus breast augmentation surgery on both sides will likely achieve an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Ultimately, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of your personal goals will be key.  Sometimes, in order to achieve optimal outcomes, a two-stage approach should also be considered. For example, in the first stage, the larger/lower breast can be  reduced/lifted;  the second stage augmentation and/or revision of the previous lift would help achieve an optimal outcome.

Again, you will  receive many differing opinions; do not let this concern you, given that there are ALWAYS many ways to approach any specific clinical situation.
 You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to breast surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with

Breast augmentation for asymmetry

Hi and thanks for the photos and questions.  You have very significant asymmetry and fulfil the Medicare criteria to have surgery on both breasts.  If you have private health insurance, this should cover a lot of the costs for surgery.Your smaller side is a hypo plastic, constricted breast whilst the other shows significant ptosis.  If you are happy with the larger breast size, you will simply need a lift on that side and can then get an implant in the other to mach the volume.  Unfortunately, as you say, they will never look exactly the same however it should be possible to make them significantly closer in appearance.You need to see a Specialist Plastic surgeon for an opinion.  The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons lists those in your area.  You will need a referral from your GP to access the Medicare and Private health insurance rebates that apply to both breasts.

I hope that helps.

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

You could benefit from Breast Fat Fill & / or Breast Implant

Hi. Thanks for sharing the photos. You seem to be ideal for Breast Fat  Fill (Fat Transfer) in the 1st stage for the smaller side. This will also involving release of surrounding tissues with the cannulas. After a few months, the skin will expand gradually to become more accomodative. At that point, you can choose to take up implants or opt for a second breast fat fill.

Asymmetrical breasts

Thank you for your inquiry. You have significant asymmetry but not tuberous breast. If you are satisfied with the volume of your left breast, you should be able to accomplish what you want with an implant on the right and a lift on the left. If you would like the volume on the left increased as well, then use different sized implants. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of breast experience. I do not recommend saline implants unless they are used temporarily for sizing purposes. They have a limited life-expectancy and they never feel as natural as cohesive gel implants.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon