Will my dry-eye issue get worse if I have bulges, which were caused by my original eye-lid surgery, removed? (Photos)

I've had eye-lid surgery 2 years ago and developed bulges in the inner eye corners. .The surgeon suggested doing an in-office procedure to remove them. As I've developed significant dry-eye issues since the surgery - and am a bit worried about being awake for this procedure - I've been reluctant to proceed with it but, at the same time, find these bulges very unattractive and off-putting. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Many thanks.

Dry eyes

Removing the bulges in your upper lids near your nose should not make your dry eyes worse. This can easily be performed in the office. If they bother you, I'd consider having it done.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulges in corners

It appears there is resultant fat and some extra skin with scarring there. That can be removed and it should not affect the closure of the eyelid in that area which is what would make the dry eyes worse.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon