Is this dangerous? And should it be removed? (Photos)

I have this 'mole' on my back, which my girlfriend recently pointed out. She said it could just be a wisdom spot or something similar but I am a bit worried. I don't know how long I have had it or if it has changed shape or colour. But two edges of it are flaking up. Should it be removed or looked at? Or can I just leave it? I haven't experienced pain or itching.it causes no discomfort but I am still worried it may be cancerous. I have many moles.

Changing lesions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. There are a variety of benign lesions that can mimic moles and can change colors or size as we age. In my opinion, any new or changing growths should be evaluated by a dermatologist. And if the lesion has any abnormalities, then a biopsy should be performed for further evaluation. I always recommend a full body skin check once a year for prevention and early detection of any abnormal or cancerous lesions. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your growths evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs.