Does a Brazilian butt lift affect a belly piercing?

If you have a belly piercing, does it affect the piercing, can you keep the belly bar in after surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... You have to remove it before going into surgery and you should wait until the liposuction belly button incision get's closed to put the piercing again...

BBL

It should not affect the site of the piercing but it is very important to remove this piece of jewelry prior to your surgery to prevent yourself from getting burnt if the doctor uses a cauterizing tool to stop bleeding. There is also potential of infection if the jewelry is left in. I would discuss this matter with your surgeon and follow their protocol and do what you can to put yourself at a low risk of complications. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Piercing

Thank you for your question. A belly button piercing should not be an issue with a BBL. However, you may be required to remove any or all jewelry before surgery.