How soon after having a BBL and a BA could I do normal activities?

If I had a but lift and boob job at the same time what would recovery be like, like how soon after surgery could I exercise, go back to work e.c.t? Do you recommend getting a bbl and a breast augmentation in the same session? Because I don't want to go under twice and also make recovery faster?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Dependent on your Surgeon

Typically, patients can return to full normal activity at the 6 week mark following both procedures. This includes lifting, exercising, sitting on your buttocks etc... However, I would not recommend doing them both at the same time. For a BBL you should not sit on your buttocks for the 6 week healing period. Sitting on your buttocks will not allow your injected fat to fully graft to full potential. In turn, your results will not be optimal and may require more touch up(s) than usual (if any needed). When you have a breast augmentation you do not want to be lying on your chest, so it can put most patients between a rock and a hard place during the healing phase of where they should be applying pressure to. Again, I do not recommend them being done together, but they can be done together. Your results may not be as optimal as they could be in doing the procedures alone. 

Most patients return back to work within 7 days of the procedure, but it also depends on your own personal pain tolerance. You will need to purchase a pillow to sit on that relieves the pressure off of your buttocks. I find that my patients love the Booty Buddy Pillow that is specifically made for post BBL patients. Which you can find online or via their Instagram page. 

When looking for a surgeon, make sure they are part of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Look for their logo on their cards and in their office. Also ensure that you are going to a surgeon who has expeirience in the BBL procedure specifically and always ask to see before and after photos. I wish you the best of luck!

---"The above answer posted has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for an actual in-person examination/consultation with a medical professional and professional advice; it is only opinion based on photos and/or description of symptoms. Seek in-person treatment with a trained BCPS medical professional for appropriate action and care to be given."---

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon