Advice on BBL and BA. Do you recommend having both surgeries at the same time?

I am wanting a But lift and boob job. I would have to travel a few hours to Sydney for both of these procedures, to save time and money, and have a quicker recovery I want to get both procedures done at the same time, do you recommend this? If not how long would I have to wait between surgeries?

BBL & BA

It is possible to have these procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/laying on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a breast augmentation. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. I would wait at least a minimum of 4-6 months between procedures to allow for swelling to resolve and enough healing time in between  Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL and BA Combo - Not Advised

Laying on your breasts immediately following the breast augmentation can cause problems with your breast implants and laying on your back can dramatically reduce the chances of your fat graft surviving. You would have a much better outcome have the procedures done in separate operative sessions.

As for the wait time between surgeries, you would want to be fully healed in between each of the surgeries. Your plastic surgeon will be able to give you specific information based on your specific case during a consultation. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in fat grafting procedures as well as breast augmentation procedures.

Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

At my Practice i don't perform those two procedure at the same time.  

Remember When you do a BBL you cant lay on your back at least 2 weeks. and when you do a Breast Augmentation you cant lay on your front.  

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a Breast Augmentation.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  

This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD