I'm worried that the "max" cc my doc ordered for my BA in 5 days will be too small (Photo)

I want a big chest, I've wanted it and have been saving for 10 years...but I don't want to be upset if I think they're too small after. Dr says 375cc's but will put 400 in if possible. Of course I trust him but... After research, pretty sure with my build a lot more is possible. 12cm dia. I'm so nervous, please help. I'm 5'9", 150 lbs.

I'm worried that the "max" cc my doc ordered for my BA in 5 days will be too small

Than you need an in person face to face discussion with your surgeon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When it comes to implants "bigger is not always better". In fact, larger implants (>350cc) often cause a myriad of complications down the road. These can include but are not limited to: chronic pain, nipple numbness, malposition, capsular contraction, skin stretch deformities, irreversible soft tissue damage, etc. Talk to your PS and discuss in detail the above risks and complications. You'll be glad you did.
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You need to call your surgeon

Personally, I think you'll look great with either implant.  Can you put in more? -- it depends on who you ask.  Sure, you CAN use 800cc, but what complications will that create in the future?  The bigger the implant, the bigger the implant.  Women will often have "boob greed" after surgery -- you get a little and you want a little more.  Talk to your surgeon.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

BA

Your skin envelope appears to be tight.  In addition you appear to have a tight lower pole more so on one side than the other.  I would recommend a more conservative size for you. 

Will the size be too small?

In picking the best implant, your breast and chest dimensions and your desired size goal need to be taken into account.  You should discuss this with your surgeon to make sure you are both on the same page or you should not proceed with surgery and then be unhappy.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

It is difficult to tell you wha the maximum amount could be for you without a proper exam in person. Best of luck.

I'm worried that the "max" cc.

Given your height and weight it should be possible to have a 400cc implant or even more based on our experience, and a transaxillary approach will keep the scar off of the chest and breast. What is important is that you and your surgeon have a clear understanding of the goal and the look you wish to have after your procedure. This is the best way to avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Size recommendations

Thanks for your question. The only way to truly know what implant size/volumes fit you is with careful, in person measurements and exam. If you want to explore your options you could meet with another board certified Plastic Surgeon for consultation and compare recommendations.

All the best

What is a good size?

Thank you for your question. Sizing of breast augmentation prior to surgery can be an anxious experience as you want to be sure that you are going to be satisfied with the result. If you have concerns regarding a selected size not being large enough I would inquire to the office and see if they have a computer software that can model in 3D the proposed outcome and size adjustment of various implants. This way, you can see your "after's" before you have the surgery.

Best of luck

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon