Will Voluma help fill out my mid face and make me look younger, or is there a better option? (photos)

I'll be thirty this year and after having 3 kids in my 20's, my weight has gone up and down with each pregnancy and I feel like it's cause my face to sag, particularly under my eyes. I feel like my face is already round, so I'm afraid fillers will make my face too chubby. is voluma a good option for under my eyes and mid face, or is there something else that might help my face look younger? Thank you!

Voluma and Restylane can restore volume to the mid-face and under eye areas

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your question and your pictures! It's helpful to see your face with and without a smile for a good assessment.

In my opinion, Voluma would be the best filler to use to correct the volume loss that's happening around your mid-face region. Because of it's consistency, I typically prefer to use Restylane to address under eye bags and shadows.

I hope this information helps! Good luck in your search.

Stay Beautiful,

Dr. Mabrie

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Voluma would be a great treatment for you to add volume back to your cheeks and mid-face area. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience injecting Voluma to make sure that you receive the best results possible. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Voluma for mid face to look younger

Voluma would be a great product for you to have in the mid face to make you look younger. I also love Sculptra for this same effect and you should consider that as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Voluma

Voluma is a great product to give lift and more volume to the mid face region.  Some patients are worried about looking too round or full after Voluma but in all honesty definition of the cheek bone can have a slimming and contouring effect on the face.  I think you would do well with 1 to 1 1/2 syringes of Voluma.  Best of luck to you!

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers do really well for age prevention and to help sculpt and shape the face.  I suggest a formal consultaiton.  Voulma lasts a good time and can be used for deep volumizing of the cheeks, jawline and temples or for under eye hollows (which i find it VERY effective).  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma for the midface

I do use Voluma quite frequently in the midface. It is an excellent filler for that area. In looking at your photos you still have a nice amount of volume in your face, especially when you smile, so if you choose Voluma you would likely just need a conservative amount. Another consideration is using Restylane in the under eye area where to me it looks like you have more volume loss than in your mid face. Often I use Voluma and Restylane in combination. I would recommend finding a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area for a full consultation. 

Allison Pontius, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Voluma help fill out my mid face and make me look younger, or is there a better option?

I love Voluma! It can take years off of you instantly and has a very natural look in the right hands. Find a PS in your area and have a consultation as you might be best treated with more than one modality.

Erika Sato, MD, FACS

Voluma for mid face rejuvenation

Thank you for the photos and question.  Voluma would be a great option for you given your volume loss in the mid-face area.  If placed in the right area, it will not make your cheeks look too big or chubby!  You may also benefit from some under-eye filler like Belotero (a thinner filler for this delicate area).  Make sure you consult with an experienced injector MD in your area.
Dr. Linnell

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Putting Voluma into the apples of your cheeks and along the cheekbones will help to bring volume back to your face, and to create some lift in the lower face.  If an expert injects the Voluma, it should look natural and should not create a "chubby" look.  I suggest you see an expert injector for a consultation.  Good luck!

Nicole Hayre, MD
McLean Dermatologic Surgeon

The photos that you provided are a little too far away and with not good definition. Without a physical exam (that might change recommendations) I see that you might have a bony asymmetry or difference in your malar (cheek) bone. The right appears to be flatter and droopier than the left. At rest you have some sunken lower eyelid look or tear trough. I do not see any sub-malar or soft tissue of the cheek deficiency.

I would suggest some Voluma into the bony malar cheek rim to restore some of the volume and projection of your chees. Also maybe some Bolotero or Silk to your lower eyelid region and tear trough area. Do can do this on stages or all at once. I always mention to all patients that have multiple problems to fill, if you treat these problems in stages remember not to look for improvement on the areas that have not been treated yet. This will only make you desperate and disappointed.

Consult with a board certified Facial/Plastic/Dermatologic surgeon

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon