Why does my nose look so uneven? (Photos)

Hi I just got a rhinoplasty a lil over 3 weeks ago and I notice that one side of my nose is lower than the other and my nostrils look very different it's still swollen but my right side is complete dead when will the feeling come back and is it due to the swelling why my nose looks uneven? I'm freaking out.

Rhinoplasty results

Thank you for the question and photos! Considering that you had a rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago, it is still too early to observe final results of the procedure. It often takes up to a year for swelling to be fully resolved and the healing process to be completed. It is also important to keep in mind that you should avoid any contact sports or strenuous activities for a good period of time after your surgery. If you have concerns, an in-person exam with a board-certified specialist would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Too early!

At 3 weeks anything is still possible.  You do have more swelling of the right nasal bone.  You can't judge a result this early.  I have seen much worse completely resolve when given adequate time.  I tell my patients 6 months to see a final result.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why does my nose look so uneven?

Thank you for your question. Share your concerns with your surgeon however understand that it takes 6-9 months for the nose to completely heal following surgery.  It's important to reserve judgement until  the majority of the swelling has resolved. Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven after surgery

Thank you for your question.  At three weeks, it is certainly not uncommon to have some unevenness in the nostrils and dorsum because of swelling.  As this subsides, you will notice more and more the nose come in to its natural shape.  You will see a majority of the swelling subside of the next several weeks, and then the remainder will resolve of the next several months.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and I think it still may be too early to tell exactly how your nose will look long-term.  
I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon