Successful Lipo after Tummy Tuck?

I am 5'9 with a bmi of 23, weight of 159. Previous TT 7 years ago. I have a high body fat %.I want to know how successful liposuction on abs will be considering the skin is relatively tight. Also, all of the fat sinks into stomach when I lay on my back. Can the Dr. lay me on my side to lip my abs? Every liposuction case I see is of a flabby stomach. My stomach is boxy with no curves. I want liposuction on flanks to create curves and on the abdomen to make it very flat again. Is this possible?

Successful Lipo after Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for the question. Liposuction can certainly be done to after a tummy tuck to help improve your body's contour. Having said that, you stated you have a high % body fat which means that  your current abdominal contour could be secondary to intraperitoneal fat. When we accumulate fat it is not just under the skin but also inside the abdominal wall. This fat is not removed by tummy tuck or liposuction. This can only be effected by continued diet and exercise. In order to make that determination an in-person examination would be needed. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Successful Lipo after Tummy Tuck?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction

It is very difficult to answer your question without a photo. If the fat is outside of the muscle, meaning not inside of your abdomen or "organ fat", liposuction can remove it. If it is inside your abdominal cavity only weight loss will accomplish your goals. In the end, you need to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her examine you to see if you can get the result you desire.

Liposuction

Liposuction after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and for sharing your experience with us. Photographs would be helpful to further answer your question, or a physical exam. In theory it is very possible to do touch up liposuction after a tummy tuck procedure. The amount of change that you might expect really depends on the physical exam. I would recommend visiting with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss your options with you in more detail.

Liposuction after tummy tuck

Liposuction of the abdomen after and abdominoplasty.

One would anticipate that you should respond well to liposuction. Physical examination would be necessary to establish this. The vast majority of patients to have good skin over the area to be suction get excellent results. After abdominoplasty this should be the situation.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You can use liposuction to get better contour and shape in certain situations. I suggest posting photos or getting a formal consultation with a physician who is a body contouring specialist and doesn't just reduce fat but uses it to reshape and contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Successful lipo after tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well, liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion.

Is hard to tell without pictures, I suggest to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a personal evaluation. 

Successful lipo after tummy tuck?

Lipo after TT

Thank you for your question. Can not comment without seeing picture. Please see a board certified PS in your area for evalaution

Lipo after TT

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

This type of question is almost impossible to answer without an exam. Photos would be helpful.
Suffice it to say, liposuction can and certainly is done in conjunction with and after a tummy tuck. If there is excess fat beneath the skin either in the flanks or the front, then liposuction can be done.
However, and experienced surgeon will be able to determine the degree to which liposuction should be done after thorough examination of your tummy.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon