What is the best solution for hollow under eyes?

I'm only 20 years old, so age is not the issue. The skin underneath my eye is very thin and purple. It's worse in the corners but fades down into my cheeks. My tear troughs look significantly worse when I smile, so I end up not smiling very often (especially in pictures).

Treatment for Tear Through

Dermal filler such as Restylane Silk may be an option. However, a patient must be a good candidate for this procedure. To understand your option, consult in person with an experienced and expert injector. 

Hollow Under Eyes

Currently two fillers have a safe and effective profile for under the eyes.  These include Restylane Silk and Belotero.  They are extremely helpful for this location and last 6-12 months.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon