Will a mini tummy tuck work for me? (Photos)

I was wondering if it would be possible to tell from the photos if a mini tummy tuck would be beneficial in my case of if a full tummy tuck might be required. All are photos of me. I have some before children and after children photos. I'm looking to do a tummy tuck with lipo so that I have a similar shape to my pre-babies body. The weight difference is about 15lbs.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Definitely you will benefit from a full tummy tuck with abdominal muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen and also liposuction of all areas for a great result,consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a great candidate for a full Tummy tuck with a liposuction in various areas where needed. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question. A full tummy tuck with liposuction would be best suited to address your abdomen. A full tummy tuck with tightening of the abdominal wall muscles will enhance your core tone and the liposuction will help contour the hip and flank areas to get back to the best you possible!
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.Best Wishes,Michael Morrissey,MD

Vaser Lipo & Full Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your photos.I would offer you a vaser liposuction combined with a full tummy tuck surgery as the result will be better.Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi aswieda3, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Tummy-tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Will a mini tummy tuck work for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pregnancy history, photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Candidate for mini tummy tuck

The best way to determine your candidacy for any particular surgery, is to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. However, based on your pictures, it seems that you're a better candidate for a full lipo-abdominoplasty. Abdominal plication will really help corset your abdomen and give you an amazing result. Liposuction will also help slim the flanks, too. I do not believe a mini tummy tuck will give you the results who are seeking. Hope this helps...

Candidate for Mini TT?

A mini TT would not address the volume and extent of the area necessary for your best outcome. I would recommend waiting at least a year from your youngest child, work on weight loss if you can, and then if you know you are done with children seek a consult with a BC PS. You have a great female curve and an abdominoplasty with liposuction could give you an excellent outcome. I attached some before and after photos for your review. Best of luck in your decision! 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Full tuck with lipo is better option

Hi aswieda3.  Thanks for sharing photos with your question.  You will get more shaping with a full tuck with lipo.  The shorter scar of a mini tuck will leave your sides and upper abdomen above your belly button uncorrected.  A correctly placed (low) scar of appropriate length is an acceptable trade off for the better outcome of a full tuck for you.  Recovery will be slightly longer but in the long run, you will be happier and less likely to go back for a revision.  Be sure to see a ABPS certified Plastic surgeon for your procedure.  Good luck!