Lipo of thighs/flanks 4 months ago - zero change. How do I respectfully tell my doctor I am dissatisfied and negotiate a re-do?

I had lipo of the inner/outer thighs and flanks 4 mo ago. ZERO change. 1st they attributed it to swelling, but I went in at 2 mo and expressed concerns. I asked to see my before pictures but they said the computer crashed and they lost them. If anything, I look worse because there are bulges and dimples that weren't there before. They said come back in 2 months (that's tomorrow), and took some pics. What is reasonable to ask my doc? For 6Gs, my clothes should at least fit better. I am 5'6", 125.

It is always a good idea to compare preop and post-op photos and weights. I would also suggest waiting until at least the 6 month mark as often there is still swelling present at 4 months.

Unhappy With Lipo-You have Options!

It can still be too early too tell. We expect final results after 6-8 months. You can speak with your doctor candidly and ask about a revision if you're unhappy. It could be a combination approach is needed: VASER can give you fat reduction, skin tightening and cellulite improvement along with ultrasound for additional skin tightening. Also fat grafting could be an option for more contouring. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Result after Liposuction

I agree with you for 6G, you should definitely notice an improvement. Be candid! Tell him you are not happy. Talk about when a revision could be done. He should be willing to do it without additional surgeon's fees. You may have to pay for the hospital and anesthesia. Bring someone with you if you are fearful to be confrontational. But do it!

Liposuction Revision

Thanks for your question. While the majority of your shape occurs at approximately 8 weeks, it can take 6 to 8 months for complete healing. Did your plastic surgeon get preoperative measurements of the areas that you had liposuction on? In my experience, I would return to your plastic surgeon at 6 months and see what is recommended. You may also want to get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon to get other suggestions.

Liposuction - no results after 4 months

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you have had such a disappoinating experience.
  • You need to wait a full six months after liposuction to see your final result.
  • Are you seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? 
  • After six months, a decision has to be made as to what has happened.
  • It may be too little was removed, or that you gained weight.
  • So make a 6 month appointment, and at that time, discuss your concerns.
  • Further surgery and its cost vary from surgeon to surgeon.
  • There are surgeons who never do any touch-ups on their patients and surgeons who routinely do them for free. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS